Sunday, 1 September 2013

Beginning at the beginning and going on to the End

Firstly, before anything else, I have to say welcome. This is the obligatory, and necessary, FIRST blog post I have ever written.

For a long time now I have been contemplating the idea of having my own blog where I talk about Nail Polish and other random things that fill my daily life; mostly nail polish. I've been a lover of nail polish for as long as I can remember but until a few months ago I had no idea that this wonderful community existed. I blame you, Cathy of More Nail Polish for starting the most wonderful, and expensive, few months of Blog exploration. You, and countless others, have taught me that there's such things as water marbles, flakies and even Holos. You've smashed my sheltered little Polish existence open and left me with the need to share my obsession with someone who'll appreciate it.

So, here I am, giving it a go and I'm not going to go easy on myself either. I may be crazy, but I've decided to start this little blog of mine with the 31 Day Challenge as suggested by Sarah of Chalkboard Nails.

I know before I even start this that it's going to be REALLY difficult. I love nothing more than to stare at the same mani until it's chipping off my fingers, but I know that I've got to start with a bang or I'll never make it.

So, without further ado, here we are. As some of you may, or may not, know, the challenge prompts are as follows:

The first day is Red Nails so I've decided to use two of my favourite reds.

On my middle nails, you'll see Emily De Molly's A Beautiful Mistake. This gorgeous polish is a jelly containing Holographic and Matte red glitters. I've worn it here as one coat over two coats of Picture Polish Mr Big Black but it can be worn on its own. The formula on this is wonderful and the mix of glitters is great.

On my index and pinky I'm wearing A England's Perceval. I love this polish and A-England in general. The formula of this polish is amazing. Pictured is two thin coats. All topped with one coat of Seche Vite.

Please take the time to check out the other participants.

Thanks for sticking with me for my first Blog Post. I hope you enjoyed it.

Where to buy:

Emily De Molly Polishes can be found at her Etsy and Big Cartel stores in Australia.

Picture Polish can be found at their website and through their network (found on their site).

A England can be found through their Where to Buy section.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, welcome to the world of blogging, and what a way to start! First with these amazing red nails, and then backing it up with the rest of the challenge! I'm sorry for your wallet but so happy I helped you discover all the amazing things that polish can be !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It may take a few months for my bank balance to recover but I wouldn't change it for the world.

      Delete
  2. What a way to start Spring - a new blog and a challenge :-). Congratulations on starting a blog. Well done! Cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Welcome - you're off to a great start! I, too, have just recently forayed into the world of polish and made quite a dent in the savings account, but no regrets! A quick question: How do you like the Emily de Molly brushes? I don't own any Emilys(yet), but since I love OPIs brushes, I've gotten a bit picky.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the welcome messages. Personally, I love the Emily De Molly Brushes. They're a little thinner than the OPI brushes but I prefer it that way. I find that there's more control with the slightly narrower brush.

      Delete
  4. Hah, we both started our blogs with the 31DC and both wore Emily de Molly for the red day! I think it's meant to be. :3

    ReplyDelete