Thursday, 3 October 2013

I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it

SPIKE!

I love Spike. A vampire who gave Billy Idol his look? Awesome. A vampire who got his name by torturing people with railroad spikes? Even more awesome. A vampire who is love's bitch and man enough to admit it? Priceless.

With lines like Help me out here, Spock, I don't speak loser and I did a couple of slayers in my time. I don't like to brag. Who am I kidding? I love to brag, who could not love the sexy as hell Vamp?!

Without further ado, I give you Spike (the polish; if I had the real one you couldn't pay me enough to part with him).

Two coats with Ozotic Top Coat. Isn't it gorgeous?!

"Made with care for Randy." Randy Giles? Why not just call me "Horny Giles" or "Desperate-for-a-shag Giles"? I knew there was a reason I hated you.

I'm really glad I came here, you know? I've been all wrongheaded about this. Weeping, crawling, blaming everybody else. I want Dru back, I've just gotta be the man I was, the man she loved. I'm gonna do what I shoulda done in the first place: I'll find her, wherever she is, tie her up, torture her until she likes me again. Love's a funny thing.

We like to talk big... vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk. Strutting around with your friends over a pint of blood. The truth is, I like this world. You've got... dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. Billions of people walking around like Happy Meals with legs. It's all right here. But then someone comes along with a vision. With a real... passion for destruction. Angel could pull it off. Good-bye, Picadilly. Farewell, Leicester-bloody-Square.

Gotta love Spike - in all forms. So what's your favourite Spike quote? There are so many that I've spent over an hour just figuring out which ones to use.

I'll see you with another one tomorrow!

Where to buy:

The Sunnydale Collection, including the LEs that were released today (minus Giles which has sold out), can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment